Search This Blog

Monday, May 18, 2009

It's Positively Monday!

Good Monday morning!

I know, it’s Monday and it’s generally the least favorite day of the week. Poor thing. Why is it the least favorite? Is it because you have to start another week of work or other chores? I will let you in on a little secret. I don’t mind Monday. Nope, I don’t. I am writing you from my kitchen table where I sit in front of my window overlooking my backyard. I get to look out at a beautifully manicured yard with hundreds of trees at the end of it. I am enjoying a wonderfully delicious cup of coffee and enjoying the dawn chorus of birds before I head off to another week of work.

How can I sound so happy about it? Well…because I can.

I choose my mood every single day when I wake up and today I am choosing to enjoy everything. It is amazing how much joy you can find in everyday things. Look around you. What brings you joy? Why are you in a bad mood today? You are probably in a bad mood because you are choosing to be in a bad mood. Stop it!

If you hate getting up to go to work everyday, then you are in the wrong business. I have mentioned this before, but my husband was in a job he hated! When he found out he might lose his job, I was grateful. I didn’t get down on him about it. I told him we would be okay and that this was his opportunity to find something he truly enjoyed doing. And he did. We make less money now, but we didn’t lose everything. We have had to learn to be a little more creative with our budget and we are doing great. This morning for breakfast I enjoyed a PB&J sandwich on the bread I baked just yesterday. It was probably the best PB&J I have ever had.

Find joy in everything you do today. It’s there. Look for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment