Search This Blog

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Pancakes

My life would not be worth living if I couldn't eat my pancakes. I eat them almost every weekend. I eat different types of pancakes, but pancakes just the same. I have tried for years to find a good protein pancake that didn't require the use of protein powders and I have finally found one that I really love.

1/2 cup of low fat or fat free cottage cheese
1 tsp of baking powder
1/2 cup of oats
3 egg whites
1 TBSP natural sugar
cinammon, vanilla, and any fruit. Depending on the fruit, you may have to add more oats.

In a blender add all of the wet ingredients and then all of the dry. Blend until smooth. Heat skillet or griddle. Spray with nonfat cooking spray and cook just like you would any other pancake.

Add a little syrup, jam, or fresh fruit and serve. You can even top them with a little bit of peanut butter for an extra dose of protein. They are delicious and you have gotten a good serving of protein without all of the extra's you get with protein powders or regular pancakes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment