Search This Blog

Friday, June 19, 2009

Frugal Flavored Coffee

I love my coffee in the morning. I love it! I also like my coffee to have a little flavor, but flavored creamers are expensive! I have finally learned to enjoy generic coffee. It took some time, but I did it. Then, I had to get rid of my expensive creamer. I switched to non-fat dry milk. I thought I was destined to drink simple coffee in the morning when I decided to throw a little cinammon in my coffee the other day. Wow! I have been to restaurants that do this, but I hadn't thought of doing it at home. So I thought maybe some vanilla would be nice. YEP! It is great. I now have my own frugal coffee creamer. Plus, non-fat dry milk is a lot better for you. It has more protein and less artificial junk.

Did you know that the plain powdered creamers have corn syrup solids, partially hydrogenated soybean oils, sugar, sodium caseinate (a milk derivative), dipotassium, phosphate, salt, artificial flavor and color and a few other things I can't understand? My husband's liquid creamer has pretty much the same stuff, but with a few added bonuses. Yikes.

Do you know what my non-fat dry milk creamer has in it? Nonfat dry milk, Vitamin A, and Vitamin D3. Now that I have added a little cinammon, it's even better.

I will be reviewing he rest of my favorite rituals as well. I will be looking for more ways to cut back and be healthier in the process. Believe me, it's not such a bad thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment