Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Giving Thanks

I don't believe that giving thanks should be kept for one day of the year. I give thanks every single chance I get. It is part of my families nightly ritual when we have dinner together. If we can't have dinner together, we will discuss how fortunate we are at some point. My husband and I continously remind ourselves that we have everything we need.

I see so many people who wallow in the things they don't have and they are miserable for it. I am not rich. In fact, my husband has been laid off twice in the past two years, my parents are both without jobs, my brother was laid off last year after having his triplets who were born prematurely and my little one is sicker than a dog right now. Unfortunate things happen to us all of the time. These things happen to lots of people. I don't sit around and think "oh poor pitiful me" or more bad things would start happening. Why? Because I am looking for them.

Instead of looking for the bad things, look for all of the good things in your life and be thankful. I have an awesome husband and child. I have a good job that pays me decently. I have friends that I adore. I have wonderful co-workers that I also call friends. Those triplet girls have become one of the biggest blessings in our lives and I am thankful every day for our girls. I have a roof over my head and I like my house. I have a strong healthy body and we are doing just fine. Life is great and I am thankful for every moment I have on this earth - good or bad.

Make an effort to say thanks not just once this year, but again and again. You will be happier for it. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment