Search This Blog

Friday, May 29, 2009

Camping - Plan Meals Ahead!

One of the best parts about camping is the ability to pack your own foods. You don’t have to pay outrageous prices and you can eat healthier meals. When I used to think of camping, healthy eating never really entered my mind. I thought you were supposed to eat hot dogs, hamburgers, s’mores, chips, cookies, s’mores, sandwiches, soda and did I mention s’mores?

If you are trying to watch every penny, then the trick is to plan your meals ahead and pack accordingly. Example: chicken shish kabobs – cut up your chicken and vegetables. Pack in separate containers. Use skewers and throw on the grill. It will save you time and a lot of hassle at the campsite.

I always have all of my meats, veggies and fruit cut up and ready to go for the week. It’s so easy!! Happy Camping!

No comments:

Post a Comment