Search This Blog

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Yard Sale Day!


Went yard sale-ing today. You just never know what kind of deals you are going to find. Today's purchases included an old worn table and an old cruiser bike. I have been wanting one of these old fashioned bikes for ages. My daughter and I picked up a few extra things and didn't spend more than $30. I paid $20 for the table and a set of brand new paper lanterns to hang outside for a party I am having soon. The table was a double bonus because it was purchased at a fundraiser for our local Quaker Youth Group (I work at a Quaker college) so I felt really good about buying it. The table (see photo) now sits between the two wing back chairs purchased at an auction for one dollar for both. The ottoman, basket and most of the pottery were purchased at thrift stores. I am not saying this would be everyone's style, but it works for me!

My mother was the real winner of the day. She bought 160 square feet of oak flooring for $40 and a box of never used outdoor garden lights for $5. She has been wanting both of these items, but did not want to pay full price for them. Well she sure didn't! What a deal.
Get out and check out your local yard sales. You never know what you are going to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment