Search This Blog

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Eating healthy on a budget...Going Meatless

I have several friends who swear by their vegetarian lifestyles. I envy their ability to go without any animal products. I have made attempts to go completely meatless, but have failed miserably on numerous occassions. I just like it too much.

Meat does have it's benefits. It's a great source of protein, iron, zinc, magnesium and different vitamins.

It is also expensive and can have a negative impact on our environment. One way to cut back on your grocery bill and reduce the impact on our environment is to go meatless one day a week. Just one! That can't be so hard, can it?

Go to www.meatlessmonday.com and check it out. There are numerous recipes available for even the pickiest eater. Believe me! My husband is one of them and he is okay with going meatless once a week. So go for it and save yourself some dough!

No comments:

Post a Comment