Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Rest for the Weary

This Mother's Day my husband took me on a lovely little retreat. We went to the Inn at Cedar Falls in Hocking Hills. Hocking Hills is one of my all time favorite places to go hiking. It is absolutely beautiful there. So often when we go on vacation we are so busy finding things to do that it doesn't really feel like a vacation. This time we spent one night away from home and it was exactly the respite from the world that I needed.

At the Inn, our room was one of nine built in a barn. It was adorable. We went for a hike through Old Man's Cave before dinner. Dinner was superb and elegant served in an old cabin. We were only a few seconds away from Cedar Falls where my husband and I went back out for a run after dinner. This last part should shock anyone that knows my husband. He normally wouldn't run unless he was being chased by a serial killer. When we were done with our run, we were able to come back to no tv, no cell phones and no computer. We had nothing to do but read our books and drift off to sleep. The next morning we went for another hike/run throught Cedar Falls, had breakfast and went for yet another hike. It was literally my PERFECT VACATION!!!!!!

If you have never been to Hocking Hills, I encourage you to go. It is the most wonderful place that Ohio has to offer. I love it there. I have always found peace in those woods. There is nothing quite like it. Check out the Inn at http://innatcedarfalls.com. You will love it.

It's also nice just to get away even if only for one day. I had no idea how much better I would feel. I plan on finding more ways to slow down and enjoy the things that truly make me happy. We all should.

No comments:

Post a Comment