Search This Blog

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Television - The First To Go?!

I have to confess, I do have a problem with the old television set. I know that it zaps your brain of all creativity and sucks you into it, but I find myself staring at it for hours sometimes. I truly hate it when I get sucked in on a beautiful sunny spring day! Ridiculous.

My husband and I have decided to get rid of cable! Yes, I said it. We are getting rid of it.

When we returned from Hocking Hills this week, we realized just how much time we spent in front of the tube and we purchased an antenna. So far, this little antenna is not working very well and we will be returning it for something else.

The interesting thing is, I am not missing tv at all right now. I really thought I would be jonesing for some Oprah at this point. I'm not. Although I haven't really cared yet, I know that I can watch just about anything I want on the internet.

Shockingly, I haven't found anything I am that desperate to watch.

My poor kid has to watch sock puppets being made in the morning on some religious channel, but she doesn't seem to be suffering any. Last night after dinner, she and I sat at the dinner table and worked on her reading. What a novel concept!

I don't mean to sound like I watched television all the time. I didn't, but I watched it enough for it to suck up some of my precious family time that is so high on my list. Not to mention the fact that cable can run you approximately $80 per month. Is it really worth all that? I don't think it is, but my daughter is.

No comments:

Post a Comment